Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hunger Games - May contain movie spoilers

Okay, so the Hunger Games movie....  Problems and Praise...

I was more impressed with the movie than I thought I would be.  I was honestly convinced that I was going to hate it and I was pleasantly surprised that I did not. 

I was most upset with:
  1. That the Mayor's Daughter (I can't for the life of me remember her name right now) was taken out of the movie
  2. They did not show Woody Harrelson fall off the stage at the reaping
  3. They did not show Peeta's painting at the final trial in front of the game-makers before they were given their scores
  4. The young lady they picked to play Katniss is a beautiful actress and they did not do a good enough job of making her look dirty and dishevelled before the people from the Capital got their hands on her
I was most impressed with:
  1. Woody Harrelson as Haymitch.  Awesome actor
  2. The craziness of the people of the Capital
  3. Effie - her demeanor is exactly how I pictured it while I was reading
  4. The Girl on Fire - I thought they were actually going to try to make a dress/outfits that looked like flames.  Sure the effects are clearly effects, but kudos for realizing that this was a fantastical costume and there is no way to create the vision everyone made in their minds while reading!
I could ramble on and on but I suppose those are the main points I have to make about this. What are your thoughts guys?

1 comment:

  1. I really liked Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss -- I didn't think I would. But, I'm a bit troubled how the movie positions effeminate men as being solely in the Capitol -- as if this is somehow part of being callous and bloodthirsty people.

    ReplyDelete